Captain Clayton Ondrizek
Shawn Artman, Fire Operations Liaison
With the formalization of the Special Operations Division in 2007, the Support Division was created to fulfill the role of ensuring adequate operations in response to an increasing number of requests for service from public safety, civic, and scholastic agencies in and around the primary district of Lower Kiski Emergency Services. The Support Division was established to ensure that these operations do not detract from the primary daily mission of Lower Kiski Emergency Services in providing the most advanced and comprehensive emergency medical care possible. Specifically, the Support Division encompasses Emergency Responder Rehabilitation Services and Special Event Emergency Medical Coverage. Additionally, the Support Division provides direct assistance to the Rescue Division, Marine Division, and the PA Region 4 Strike Team component of Lower Kiski Emergency Services.
The Support Division is tasked with the following responsibilities:
· Establish an up-to-date Emergency Responder Rehabilitation Program, and oversee deployment when called upon by primary and secondary mutual aid agencies.
· Maintain an adequate cache of equipment and resources to carry out supportive services roles.
· Provide adequate staffing to requests for emergency medical coverage at civic and scholastic events.
· Evaluate the staffing and resource needs for requests for emergency medical coverage at large scale events within the primary response district.
· Provide assistance to the Rescue and Marine Divisions with additional medical personnel, as well as supportive equipment and supplies.
· Provide assistance to the PA Region 4 EMS Strike Team with staffing, equipment, and supplies.The Support Division is coordinated by a Division Captain, with the assistance of a Fire Operations Liaison, both appointed by the Chief of Operations.